First make sure that the power cable and usb cable are connected, before you perform the reset procedure. And download the resetter (DOWNLOAD NOW MP258 RESET)
FIRST STEPS: Entering Service Mode
You have to enter in service mode in order to used the resetter. To do that follow this procedure,
1. Turn off the printer without pulling the power cords.
2. Hold down STOP/RESET button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let STOP/RESET button go.
4. Then Press STOP/RESET button twice then let BOTH buttons go.
5. You will notice that the Alternate Blinking error is gone, this means that the printer is in Service Mode state.
SECOND STEPS: Using the Resetter
1. After you download the resetter, extract it and double click “servicetool.exe”
2. Click Reload Button and you will get a new USB port.
3. Load some papers in your printer and press the “Main” Button once, wait until the printing is done.
4. Then press “EEPROM Clear” button to clear EEPROM.
5. Then press EEPROM button and the printer will print some text.
6. Then power off the printer(sometimes you have to press twice the power button to turn off) and turn on again. and its done!